NOTIO’s Ceramic Laboratory is accredited by ENAC (Nº: 1287/LE2422) in agreement with the standard UNE EN 17025, to make quality control tests of fired clay ceramic products used in the construction sector.
These tests are required by a regulation requirement of the product (CE marking), by an environmental requirement of the manufacture process (CO2 emissions control) or by a quality mark (e.g. AENOR).
Besides normative tests, the Ceramics Laboratory is used to perform both services and Research and Technological Development projects in the following areas:
- Pathologies, architectural and architectonic heritage.
- Quality of ceramic and building materials (improvement of technological properties of ceramic materials applied in construction, nanotechnology and new ceramic applications, etc.).
- Circular Economy (valorization of residues and by-products, optimization of energy consumption in the manufacturing processes, etc.).
- Energy efficiency, Environmental Product Declaration (EPD) and Life Cycle Assessment (LCA).
- Development of bioclimatic ceramic construction systems.
Test and analysis developed:
- Ceramic pavers.
- Ceramic blocks.
- Ceramic clay blocks lightened.
- Brick faces.
- Ceramic bricks.
- Large format bricks.
- Ceramic boards.
- Roof tiles.
Go to page.