The Natural Stone Laboratory, accredited by ENAC (Nº: 1287/LE2422), has the equipment necessary to perform the tests required by natural stone companies to obtain the CE marking of their products and to follow the applicable legal requirements, in particular the Construction Products Regulation (CPR) and the Technical Building Code (CTE).
Also, the natural stone sector has the necessity to offer a products with an added value and able to accomplish with the society requirements and challenges. In this form, the Natural Stone Areaperforms Research and Technological Development projects in the following areas:
- Quality Indeces for natural stone (special granulometry, micronized products, special dosages, etc.).
- Arquithectural heritage and pathologies.
- Environment (valorization and managements of residues, EPD, LCA, etc.).
- Energy efficiency and new developments
- Monitoring of geophysical techniques (GPR, tomography, etc.) in natural stone quarries (resource estimation, waste reduction, safety in quarrying, geological models).
With the aim of help your organization to face the challenges and opportunities of the natural stone sector, we encourages to express your necessities to our organization. In this form, it would be possible to us to offer a customized solutions.
Test and analysis developed:
- Outdoor floor tiles.
- Masonry mortars.
- Agglomerated stone.
- Roofing slates.
- Outdoor terraces.
- Indoor terraces.